Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why? (1998) By Lindsay Camp and Tony Ross

Working at a daycare, I really found a lot of truth in this book. When a child constantly asks why, no matter what you say or what answer you give, can be a little frustrating much like her father felt in the story. Kids are just naturally so curious, and so most of the time they don’t ask you why to make you mad, they genuinely want to know why. That’s why I like this story because most kids and adults can relate to what it is like to want to know the answer to something, and so you just have to ask why?
As a teacher I would use this to teach students that it is okay to ask questions. I would also make sure each of them know that there is no stupid question, while at the same time do the best I can to find an answer to their questions, which at times I’m sure will be difficult. I would use this book to tell them that in our classroom they should feel comfortable asking why, because like in the story it might really help out their peers. What some students don’t realize is that the student sitting next to them or across the room might want to ask the same question, and so they should all feel comfortable to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment